Friday, February 16, 2007

Career Decisions Related to Debt

Well, one of the reasons I got into my debt is a serious of foolish career decisions and spending on things I didn't need, like going out to dinner and takeout (not to mention this contributed to my weight problems). So, since I only make $10 an hour right now you may think I am nuts that I haven't been looking for a second job. Or another main job. I kind of think I am nuts too, which is why I periodically grapple with what to do. I like my current job, what I do all day long, which is a lot more than I can say for other jobs I have had. The time flies by. Unfortunately, my company cannot afford to pay me more right now. I am scared to get another job because I don't know what kind to get. All the admin jobs I have had have been so horrible, I felt really negative emotions all day long and would cry sitting at my desk at work. I am not qualified for anything else. Also, I worry cause my pets are getting older now and if they got sick I would need to be able to nurse them back to health. I don't think a boss would understand if I needed to take off for a week or more cause I need to feed my pet every 3 hours or something.

So this is where I am today. I have strongly considered filing bankruptcy. I need help. More than just financially.

Digg!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lady-i understand the nice job/low pay conundrum. not hating your job is a big boon, big big, and if you don't know what you want to do with your life otherwise, a nice, freindly regular job isn't the worst thing. how long have you been there? i would say after a year or so for many people, if it's not something they really care about they start to get itchy, unless your outside life is superfulfilling.

i would recommend just reading the ads every day and applying every day to one job (or if that's too much, 1 a week). remember, even if you're offered the job, you don't have to take it. no one is going to make you. but you will have practice and expereince interviewing and you'll learn alot more about what else is out there, which should lessen your job-related anxiety in general.

waiting tables, bartending, and free lance copyediting all all jobs that take skill and talent, but little former training and have flexible schedules-they make good 2nd jobs.