Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Only Great Credit Card Deal

Well last year I stumbled upon a really fantastic deal from Discover Card. As a matter of fact, it is such a good deal I will give them a shout-out in this entry, although I like to avoid mentioning names of financial institutions I belong to, as a general rule for this blog. Anyway, I received an offer in the mail for 0% interest for a year on transferred and regular balances, and after the year was up I would continue to receive 0% as long as my account stayed in good standing and I made 3 purchases a month on the card.

So it has been over a year now and I have continued to enjoy 0% interest on this card, which really helped because I had transferred $5,000 from my card that had 30% interest on it. What a godsend! The only problem now is I kind of haven't been diligent with this card and put more than 3 purchases, like McDonald's and a few iTunes song. I guess it was more than just a few things here and there cause I went over my balance last week! I really hope this won't make my interest rate start to kick in. I will cry. Seriously. I made a payment immediately so hopefully I should be okay. And the credit card has gone back into my filing cabinet, only to come out for my original plan which was to use it every Sunday to fill up my gas tank and thats it (to meet the 3 purchases requirement). Also I would pay more than what the gas cost every month so I could pay this debt down slowly. I am working on cards with higher interests at the moment.

Here is an interesting forum discussion on this offer.

In other news I have an interview to start substitute teaching next week at a local elementary school. I am going to probably do this sometimes during the day and come into my present job in the evenings, just for extra money. Hopefully I am getting there!

Digg!

No comments: