Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pet-Sitting and Other Odd Jobs

I have been thinking about putting an ad on Craigslist offering to pet-sit for people while they are away. I have a lot of experience with different animals and I think I could take care of them pretty well. Also, I may put up some fliers offering to walk smaller dogs (I don't think I can control a big dog on a leash, I am too small). The only problem is that I am a little worried about going into people's homes. What if some creep just calls me to come over to get me into his house or something. Am I being paranoid? Also, what if I see a pet that is not being taken care of appropriately. How would I handle that I don't know. It would make me so extremely sad. I don't know if it is a good idea.

I have been tempted lately to just give up on all this and look for a higher paying job or maybe a second job. When I start to get serious about that I start getting anxiety and I talk myself out of it. I like the flexibility of my current job. I am afraid of hating what I do all day at a new job, and also of not being able to take off in case one of my pets gets sick or I get sick. I hate disappointing people or inconveniencing an employer so this really effects my motivation to get a better job. I feel like I am only screwing myself though, and I have the bad feeling I am not making the right choices.

Have you ever stayed in a job that you weren't sure was the right place for you, and it may have been affecting your life in a negative way? What made you stay? I would love to hear others' experiences with this sort of situation and any advice you might have. Please leave a comment!

Digg!

No comments: